Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Problems with Duckduckgo.com - images search not loading and fav icons, problems with IP/DNS?

[ Edited ]

hi there,

i personally use https://duckduckgo.com as a search engine which i really like. i noticed that for some reason when i am on o2 network either 4G or 3G, doesn't matter, the image search is not working, it shows all broken images.

the images are loaded from proxy.duckduckgo.com which seems not to be resolved on the o2 data connecion.

can someone tell me why?

i like DDG as a search engine for privacy reasons.

example, here i am on my connection at home and no problem loading

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.aeVtwDnvKISpr7Xuya...

that is the url of what is loaded when you go to images search and open in new tab.

finally here's what i get

duckduckgonowork.PNG

can anyone try this if it happens on your end as well? i think o2 network does not resolve proxy.duckduckgo.com

many thanks,

Gabrio

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

Re: Problems with Duckduckgo.com - images search not loading and fav icons, problems with IP/DNS?

Same for me aswel n on Wi-Fi it works
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

Re: Problems with Duckduckgo.com - images search not loading and fav icons, problems with IP/DNS?

Worked fine on 4g with o2 on the Samsung browser not on chrome

thanks for letting me know. same as here.

that is a bit strange, for me on both browsers same thing.

anyone else experiencing this?

thanks,

Gab

Highlighted
Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,434

Oneplus6 chrome browser O2 4g network.

Screenshot_20190104-204222.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,427

Works ok for me Chrome on home wifi

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

It has to be something with my samsung settings possibly.

I just downloaded duck duck go's app browser and does just the same. All broken images. Also with incognito and samsung browser. Oh on my wife's phone does just the same. Galaxy s8.

Someone had a similar issue on a pc and he whitelisted proxy.duckduckgo.com that is where images are loaded from and fixed that.

Also for me no problem on any wifi, ehich is the strange thing...... if it was something on the phone it shouldnt work on wifi either right??
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,427

I forgot to add, Samsung Note 4. Tried on both O2 and home wifi so not a Samsung thing.