Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting to O2 from Vodafone

VeeGee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone had problems porting O2 to Vodafone?

I bought a new iPhone with O2 on 4th May and requested my PAC from Vodafone to port my old number across on 7th May (to avoid the bank holiday weekend madness). On 9th May the port seemed to have completed as I could make calls on O2. However I soon found out I could not receive calls or texts and I called O2 customer service to try to resolve the issue.

At time of writing (08:30 on 21st May), after countless calls and countless promises it would be resolved the next day from a number of gurus I still have the same issue. They continously fail to contact me as promised to follow up.

I was told O2 have not received the RSP files from Vodafone and they were going to review with them on Friday 17th May and my service would be working that day, but it hasn't.

I chased O2 AGAIN on Monday 20th May and was told that the review would be today (21st May) and they would call me on my landline to confirm. I have also spoken to Vodafone who said they would transfer the files immediatley and call me back on my landline to confirm, but nothing!

Given the egregious service I've had so far from O2, I'm not holding my breath.

I moved from Vodafone because of the terrible service I've had from them also!

Does anyone have any advice for moving this on quickly? I need my phone working.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

VeeGee
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Joanna called me and said she would get back to me with the outcome of the port review. I've herad nothing yet and to be honest the way things have been going I'll be surprised if I get a call back today. I suppose I will have to go through the whole process again tomorrow disappointed

Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@VeeGee wrote:

Joanna called me and said she would get back to me with the outcome of the port review. I've herad nothing yet and to be honest the way things have been going I'll be surprised if I get a call back today. I suppose I will have to go through the whole process again tomorrow disappointed

In my opinion that's simply not good enough. O2 need to get their finger out and sort it with Voda.

Message 12 of 16

VeeGee
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No call back. Groundhog day again tomorrow.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 very rarely call back customers
Message 14 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@VeeGee I've just heard that everything got sorted earlier today, which is great news! In case you need anything else please don't hesitate to come back and give us a shout slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 16

VeeGee
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes!

A big thanks to Joanna who was a star and really stuck with it the last couple of days.

She listened to my predicament, serious personal circumstances, and when we weren’t sure how long it would take to get a resolution arranged for a basic mobile phone with a prepaid sim to be shipped to me today. Not perfect, but at least I would have a means to keep in touch with my father who’s seriously ill in hospital and my husband who in for an operation next week.

Late this afternoon my original issue was resolved and my old number fully ported over to my new iPhone. I can now receive calls and texts.

i honestly don’t think I would have had this resolved without posting on this community forum, so big thanks to EmilieT for the assistance!

More info

I hope O2 can take a look at their customer service and make improvements, I was close to cancelling completely and I don’t know where that would have left me as I’ve had the same number for years.

Message 16 of 16