O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Problem with transferring number

Moved to o2 on 9/10/, was told that my number from my previous provider would be transfered accross on 10/10 having given them a PAC code on the 9/9 when I bought the contract and phone. 

Lost signal on old phone and sim on 10/10 at around midday, but still not got the correct number on my new phone. Spoke to Live Chat evening of 10/10 "there has been a technical problem, so I have refered your case to the 'back office team' expect a response within 24hrs........

annoyed is an understatement, not just becasue I need my phone for work purposes too!! 

Anybody also had this problem and how quickly can it be fixed?? Any advice welcome! 

Topics: 503
Solutions: 9,849

Re: Problem with transferring number

Good luck (you'll need it) !
Keep rebooting your phone until it comes online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

Of you still have problems please call and speak to a customer service adviser, live chat don't know what day it is. Account issued are complex and they don't always follow through on promises. Best time to call is around 8.30am.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Community Manager

Hey @wrighto I've heard back and your old number should be up and running now. If not, please drop me a message with a contact number you can be reached on so our Guru team can give you a call. 

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community