cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with abroad ( Turkey ) call rate ?

LisaSummer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello , I recently called into o2 on edge Lane liverpool ( 21/08/20) , a member of your staff told me to get a bolt on for £3 which made my calls £.012ppm .... I have came to Turkey 22/08/20 & have been charged £2 per minute !!! ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Can somebody tell me what’s going on please as my phone bill is now £92+ !!!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@LisaSummer Turkey is not part of the EU. The call charges are correct.

Standard Rates

Our Pay As You Go customers will be charged at the following rate when calling or texting from this country.

Making a local call to landlines or mobiles will always be the same price as calling home when you're abroad.

Sending a picture message (MMS) costs 50p and it's always free to receive a text.

When in:  Turkey     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Landlines - per minute£2.00
Mobiles - per minute£2.00

Receiving calls - per minute£2.00
Sending texts - per message50p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage£7.20

Find out more about using data abroad.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

LisaSummer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello , I recently called into o2 on edge Lane liverpool ( 21/08/20) , a member of your staff told me to get a bolt on for £3 which made my calls £.012ppm .... I have came to Turkey 22/08/20 & have been charged £2 per minute !!! ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Can somebody tell me what’s going on please as my phone bill is now £92+ !!!
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@LisaSummer Turkey is not part of the EU. The call charges are correct.

Standard Rates

Our Pay As You Go customers will be charged at the following rate when calling or texting from this country.

Making a local call to landlines or mobiles will always be the same price as calling home when you're abroad.

Sending a picture message (MMS) costs 50p and it's always free to receive a text.

When in:  Turkey     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Landlines - per minute£2.00
Mobiles - per minute£2.00

Receiving calls - per minute£2.00
Sending texts - per message50p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage£7.20

Find out more about using data abroad.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149450 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@LisaSummer 

The bolt on you are referring to is for making calls from the UK to international numbers, not for use when traveling.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126015 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@LisaSummer 

You should have been advised to have the O2 Travel Bolt on which would cost you £4.99 per day for calls texts and data https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad 

I would suggest you turn off mobile data and use your phone over Wifi only. Use Messenger or Whatsapp (over Wifi) to keep in contact with people in the UK.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5