cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Samsung S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have recently ordered a samsung S3 on a 24 month contract. I have had the phone for 10 days now and I have noticed problems with the camera not working. I was advised to reset the phone, to no avail. I have now restored a backup and everything back to normal but my camera still wont work. Do I need to send it in or will an o2 shop exchange it there and then?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will have to check the online retailers t&c's.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Take or send your phone back without any further delay.

You have 7 days to return the phone to swap it out for a replacement.

After that time period your looking at a repair.

This is from 02's T&C's.

"Now that you have identified your mobile is faulty, please see below for how to return to us: 

In the first 7 days: we’ll either give you a new one or your money back. (As long as you’ve got proof of purchase and all the original parts and packaging.) 

After 7 days: you’ll need to take or send it back to the place where you bought it. We’ll get it fixed for you. You might have to pay in some cases (for example, if the product was damaged after you bought it), but we’ll let you know before we fix it "

Purchased from a store
You should then return your mobile to the actual store it was purchased from with your proof of purchase where your mobile will be replaced for you. 

For details of your nearest store please click on the 'Store Locator' link below or call 0800 224 477 free from any UK fixed landline. This will direct you to your nearest store. 

Purchased via telesales

Please contact us and we will arrange a jiffy bag to be sent to you to return your mobile, following which we will replace your mobile for you.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought this from an online retailer. Not direct from O2 who is liable for the exchange the online store or o2?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will have to check the online retailers t&c's.
Message 4 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@bandofbrothers, the time to change your mind and return a purchase is 7 working days.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I thought it was 7 working days so if its outside that, send it direct to Samsung for repair as you should have a 24 month warranty
Message 6 of 6