Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem porting old number

Jchappy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried porting my old number from Virgin Mobile 3 times in the last week with no luck. Twice i used the online form and then out of frustration called to support who checked I had a valid PAC code, took both my O2 number and my old Virgin number and entered them all into the system and confirmed that the port would happen today.

Still no success. Where do I go from here.

I received an automated email from support saying that I would receive a text telling of the day it would be ported. I have received no such text.

Also when I submitted the 2 online forms I received no notification that anything was happening.

Does anyone at O2 test these procedures? Can anyone help to get this resolved.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38267 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

You'd think, @CoffeeAndComps, that there'd be a check-box and a space for your existing mobile number somewhere in the O2 Shop section of the website, yes - as there is on the websites belonging to companies that make a living from selling phones, aka third-party resellers, like affordablemobiles and mobilephonesdirect - their approach is "You got a number with someone, let us know it, we'll help get it across and onto the phone and tariff you are moving to".

Perhaps, as the Virgin Media and O2 amalgamation continues, this whole Customer Service via Web idea might catch on... 

Message 11 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @CoffeeAndComps I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 12 of 13

CoffeeAndComps
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma, I will send you a PM about this specific case, but can you confirm whether there is an online service/form for porting a number into O2 with the PAC code now, or can this only be done by calling O2  customer services or visiting a store in person?  

As mentioned above, I run a digital support community organisation, often helping with setting up new mobile accounts and porting numbers etc,  and a number of the clients are non-English speakers, so to be able  to help them do this online without needing to speaking to someone (in English) is would be really helpful.

Message 13 of 13