Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Problem paying with voucher

I bought a £10 voucher to top up may Xperia x8.
I dialled 4444. When was prompted to press '1' I did so, but the keypress did not seem register. There is no Enter key on the pad that comes up and I was left having to exit the whole process without topping up the credit.
Anyone else have this problem?
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Re: Problem paying with voucher

Did you try again.
Pressing 1 sends a tone to the automated service so it knows where to put your through to.
No keypads have a enter key as there is no need for them.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

After at least seven attempts I can assure you that pressing '1' elicits no active response. All I get is a repeat of the same message: to press '1'.
I have contacted O2 several times about this. Their response is to suggest I pay by Direct Debit: i.e. a complete waste of time.
Highlighted
Anonymous

If the phone isn't sending the tones then why not call the top-up line from a landline.
It's worthwhile checking that you haven't got DTMF tones turned off or you aren't trying to press when the screen is locked. (eg the proximity sensor isn't covered with a screen protector - just an example)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I did make the first payment via landline, and the O2 rep I spoke to said they really didn't encourage that method of payment(!) - you pay for the phone call, although it doesn't seem to be a lot. The next time I tried I didn't get an answer (all operators busy?).
Trying to find a setting to turn DTMF tones on, so far no luck, but thanks for the suggestion. Smiley Happy
Edited for spelling
Highlighted
Anonymous

When you use a top-up voucher (landline)
, its an automated service. Sounds like you dialled a different number.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think I dialled their help line. Needless to sya they had no solution to my problem. In fact you're the first person who's offerred a possible solution. Not that I've got it to work yet. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

Finally found the answer.
Phone + bin = solution
The phone was crap, the service as bad. goodbye O2
Highlighted
Topics: 572
Solutions: 3,812