Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Problem connexion in 3G

Hi Everybody!
I am new on this forum and I would like to excuse me for my little english, I am French and I am in England only since friday.
I bought an sim card from O2 yesterday with a Pay as you Go plan for £10 with 300 texts and unlimited Internet.
I don't understand because I have internet only on Wifi, but in 3G it doesn't works. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S, it's from France but it's unlocked and I try to check in settings but everything seems to be Ok.
Could you help me please?
Thanks!
Anonymous

Re: Problem connexion in 3G

You will need to manually enter the settings for O2 Pay and Go. You can see the generic settings at www.filesaveas.com and use the mobile guide on the O2 website to show you how to enter them.
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply but I am sorry, I checked your link and I didn't found anything about the setting to program for the 3G connexion especially for my phone.
Can I ask you to send me the exact link please?
Anonymous

I saw mobile guides on the O2 website to know how yo enter manually to ensure the settings are correctly configured...
Unfortunately after many tests it doesn't works... Smiley Sad
Anonymous

On that site, you want the section that lists GPRS/WAP and MMS settings.
The settings on the O2 mobile guide are for pay monthly phones, you want to use the procedure as a guide to entering the pay and go settings.
The major difference is that you need to change the APN to payandgo.o2.co.uk with a username of payandgo and a password of password.
Anonymous

Thanks a lot Prking!!! Everything works, I am so happy!
Thanks again and again ! Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

I'm glad it works for you. Your english is far better than my Français.
Anonymous

Hey, don't worries French is very difficult to learn ! Smiley Wink
Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem(French unlcoked Samsung Galaxy S), except that I have put these seetings in but I only get Edge or HSDPA, not 3G. I have a pay as you go with a data bolt on so I should be able to get 3G.
Edit: Well apparently HSDPA is better than 3G, and now that I've tried to use it a bit it does feel as fast as the 3G I had in France(maybe it's a bit faster).
Anonymous

HSDPA is a faster version of 3G, so you have no problem at all.