Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise

heppy2002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just thanking O2 for the price increase on my contract, enjoy the extra money until October since you will not be retaining this customer I will be changing providers as soon as my contract is up. You can spend the additional money attracting a new customer

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@heppy2002 

Every year there are many posts just like yours, however, you were told about it when you started your contract and every network increases the prices by rpi every year too. So when you've exhausted the others, O2 will welcome you back wink

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-cost-of-my-mobile-phone-contract-has-gone-up-can-...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@heppy2002 

Every year there are many posts just like yours, however, you were told about it when you started your contract and every network increases the prices by rpi every year too. So when you've exhausted the others, O2 will welcome you back wink

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-cost-of-my-mobile-phone-contract-has-gone-up-can-...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 28

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck with the new network. They all have a cause in the terms for an annual RPI in April. You would have been made aware when taking out the contract.

Message 3 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

All explained here @heppy2002 

RPI 

As said above, all networks do the same.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 28

heppy2002
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
More info
More info
More info
Ha ha not a chance coverage is terrible consistantly loosing signal on my drive to and from work. I have had contracts in the past which gaurantee no price rises but if non are available I will go back to buying my mobile outright and taking a sim only deal where I can change providers easily without having to wait months to get a better deal. The only reason I went back to monthly contact was because it was cheaper than buying the phone outright as I normally do, I think it was an error I took advantage off since I noticed the price went up a good bit a few days after I took up the offer 🙂
Message 5 of 28

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Most of us on here are sim only and renegotiate a deal every 12 months.

For me, I usually end up paying less for more each year slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 28

heppy2002
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am normally sim only but saw an offer which gave me the phone cheaper than I could buy it outright so I took it. Will be going back to sim only where I can negotiate a better deal. This is my first monthly mobile contract in many years and will probobaly be my last since i doubt I will get another one where I get the phone cheaper than buying it outright

Message 7 of 28

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
So you've not done too badly then overall.
Your rpi increase is airtime only and will be a few pence at most.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 28

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 9 of 28

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes they are but I change to a new deal every year around May / June and usually pay less for more data.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 28