cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price matching

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been a loyal customer of O2 for about 15 years and wanted to upgrade my phone/tariff.Love the Galaxy S4 and saw that O2 are pushing a £37 a month contract.I looked around the relevant websites and found that Vodafone are pushing a similar deal but for £33 so I called O2 expecting them to match it but alas they didn't.
It may sound silly to ask this but why,for the sake of £4 a month,would they not price match a competitor's deal in order to keep an extremely loyal customer and risk losing them to a rival?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2, for some reason best known to themselves, do not recognise loyalty anymore. It's supposed to be a fair deal for all policy which boils down to "take it or leave it".....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2, for some reason best known to themselves, do not recognise loyalty anymore. It's supposed to be a fair deal for all policy which boils down to "take it or leave it".....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It baffles me.It's not a good reputation to have.One person talks to another about their experience,that person talks to another person etc and this "lack of recognising loyalty" will snowball.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you looked at Carfone Warehouse for a possible deal.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw the Vodafone deal on the phones4u website but carphonewarehouse are doing the same deal too.
I thought going direct to O2 would be quick and easy,just a simple "yes sir, seeing as you've been a loyal customer we're more than happy to match that offer."
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree in the earlier days you could.

Did you ask to speak to the retention team as they can do more than the advisor who first answered the call.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think I did no.
I got the old "I've spoken with my manager" routine.Its as though they didn't care if I stayed or left.
I like O2,good coverage and never had any issues.I don't want to change providers but I don't feel like I have a choice.
It won't just be my personal deal I take - ill certainly be taking a good look at my business deal too.I'd rather go somewhere where loyalty is rewarded.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the same deal for the S4, I called into the local shop yesterday and was told they could not do a price match in store even though they have many times in the past. They just told me I had to call customer retentions. I called customer retentions this morning and was told they could not do a price match on a contract at all and that was a directive from the marketing department ! I said I had been a loyal customer for over 10 years and all they said was I'm sorry you feel that way.

I am so disgusted, I am going to move to Vodafone out of principal and I will be taking my wife and daughter's contracts too, so O2 have lost at least 3 customers today.

Message 8 of 8