Price matching service?

Owe2
Level 4: Observant
  • 156 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Price matching tarrif

Hello,

Does anyone know if 02 offer a price matching service?

The deal I am after is offered by Carphone warehouse http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/HTC_ONE_U027_UGCON 

Also, does anyone know what the 'cashback' deal is? I can find no info at all other than you get 150 cashback as an upgrade option.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded by chat a few months back and they price matched carphone warehouse for me. I just had to paste the links for them to verify cpw prices and tariffs. The chat service isn't always bad!
Message 11 of 18

Owe2
  • 156 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Cool, just deciding on S4 or HTC One, decisions, decions 🙂

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Get both ! slight_smile

I'd personally go for the HTC One.

I like that one aesthetically wise more.

Good luck with your choice.
Message 13 of 18

Owe2
  • 156 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Aesthetically the HTC One wins hands down, but its also a tad heavier too. S4 has a larger screen but the bit that interests me most is the speaker or to be more precise, hands free speaker.

I purchased my current HTC HD7 to use mostly hands free after reading a review suggesting it had twin front mounted speakers. Unfortunately these are grills only with the actual speaker around the back and very tinny to boot.

The only other thing that put me off the One was the 'blink feed' which according to one reviews is permanent.

Message 14 of 18

Owe2
  • 156 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I finally got around to upgrading my handset and wanted to update this topic.

The deal from CPW on a Note was very good and included a Tab 3 too. O2 could match the plan at a push but were unable to offer any freebies such as the Tab 3.

CPW offered a superb upgrade service with next day (free) delivery. Would highly recommend. 

Incidentally, I used the chat service on 02 as they require a link to the plan offered.

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Owe2 wrote:

I finally got around to upgrading my handset and wanted to update this topic.

The deal from CPW on a Note was very good and included a Tab 3 too. O2 could match the plan at a push but were unable to offer any freebies such as the Tab 3.

CPW offered a superb upgrade service with next day (free) delivery. Would highly recommend. 

Incidentally, I used the chat service on 02 as they require a link to the plan offered.

Thank you for updating.

It does seem the independents can sometimes offer better deals or sweeteners such as freebies.

Either way o2 get your business.  slight_smile

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any time I have tried to paste a link to Live Chat operators the response I've been given is "This is a link to a 3rd party website". It's like hitting my head off a brick wall! They offered me a £5 loyalty discount on a phone but when I said I'd think about it and went back on Live Chat the next day this was no longer available! 

Going to try calling tomorrow, sick of the copy/paste replies I get online. 

Message 17 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 18 of 18