cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase of 4%RPI

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir,

I have just been informed you wish to increase my tariff by RPI of 4%.

Would you please clarify what time period you are using to determine the RPI for these price increases?

4% is not reflective of the Department of National Statistics which clearly shows that RPI has not been above 4% since Nov 2011.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/l55o/mm23

I understand prices are increasing but 4% is not the RPI and it is not reasonable.

I a\wait your reply.

Steve Scrace

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This is not customer services. We are ALL experiencing this increase. It happens every year

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices?cm_mmc=email-_-06863PAYMNonRefresh-_-A001359846-_-seecharges-_-DEV-_-06863

All customers will be seeing this increase in tariff regardless of what network you are with. Its all in the terms and conditions you signed when you took out your contract

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
@Marjo @Martin-O2 can we merge all price increase posts please to one main info thread as I’m sure none of us want to be typing the same answers over and over for the next week.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I expect there will be a lot of these over the next few days.Confused

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
@Marjo@Martin-O2can we merge all price increase posts please to one main info thread as I’m sure none of us want to be typing the same answers over and over for the next week.

*Tuts* Just when I got it down to a fine art....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is part of what everyone signs up to when they join o2 & it is explained to them. I don’t get why people think they are being wronged 

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason people think they are bieng wronged is this sentence on O2 pricing page:

"RPI is a widely recognized measure of the general inflation and several industries use it as a guide..."

ONS website clearly states that RPI is not a national statistic and stated this in the media a number of times. 

O2 should take the lead in the industry and switch to a more accurate CPI, which is currently 3%.

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear O2,

Did you not know that the RPI has been declassifed as a National Statistic and the National Statistician has strongly advised against its continued use? You should use the CPI, which is the UK's main inflation measure. 

Yours sincerely#

John [Removed]
(Member of UK Advisory Panel on Price Statistics)

[Removed]
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Read Steve's post again.

His issue is not the price increase per se, it's the fact that O2 state in their communication:-

'in line with the 4% RPI rate of inflation'

When, as he has taken the trouble point out, inflation has not been at 4% in over 6 years.
Message 10 of 18