cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent phone connecting to networks outside Eurozone.

ChrisO1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’m due to visit an area of Greece close to the Turkish border. During a previous visit I accidentally incurred huge roaming charges when my phone connected to a Turkish network. How can I avoid this in future without paying for a bolt on? Is there a way of preventing my phone (iPhone 11) logging into networks outside the Eurozone? Thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@ChrisO1

Im afraid there isnt a way to stop your handset connecting to a non EU network whilst roaming, as your handset doesn't know what network you are connecting to.

The only option i can think of is turn you handset to Manual Roaming, so you can control which networks you connect to.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@ChrisO1

Im afraid there isnt a way to stop your handset connecting to a non EU network whilst roaming, as your handset doesn't know what network you are connecting to.

The only option i can think of is turn you handset to Manual Roaming, so you can control which networks you connect to.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

ChrisO1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s really helpful and should do the trick - thanks!
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If you use manual network selection you can tell your phone which network to connect to.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4