Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Incoming Text - Valuestay.mobi

Muppetkeeper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just noticed that I have been charged £3.75 for an INCOMING text from the company above.

I've never heard of them, never signed up for ANY service online, so how can this just be billed to me?

I've tried to contact O2, but no advisors available.

Anyone else had this issue?

MK

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Muppetkeeper 

See help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... 

And here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Muppetkeeper 

See help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... 

And here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Muppetkeeper
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, 

I can't even stop the texts, as when I try to reply STOP ALL I get the "not delivered" response.

These people need shooting, there should be some way to control these incoming premium texts.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If you call customer services on 202 ask them to put a premium rate bar and a charge to mobile bar on your account.
You may also find they will refund you as a goodwill gesture but you do need to contact the company charging you to get them to stop.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
@Muppetkeeper There is. You can ask customer service to put a bar on all premium rate numbers and stop any direct to mobile charges.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Muppetkeeper
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll try that, but from what I've read you can only stop outgoing charges, not incoming.

Plus I've been waiting 45 mins for O2 chat advisors, no one there...

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Muppetkeeper You will get a better result if you call rather than rely on Live Chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

As I said at first @Muppetkeeper, call 202 not live chat .

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8