Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of early upgrade

Amyloutea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone successfully managed to upgrade early without paying the device amount?  My phone is broken and has been rendered basically unusable, I have £142 left to pay on my device which will be paid off in November.  Will I understand this is a term of my contract I begrudge paying that as I am already paying over the odds for an older model (there are way cheaper contract options for brand new models!) and have been a customer with 02 since I first took out a contract as a teen (now in my 30s!).  

I spoke to a live chat and was told it was impossible to upgrade without paying off the amount and that nothing could be done.  I know that early upgrades do come around a few months before the upgrade date sometimes, so how would it be such a difference this time. Any advice? Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Amyloutea 

As per the terms of refresh, you must pay off your current device plan in order to upgrade early.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Amyloutea 

As per the terms of refresh, you must pay off your current device plan in order to upgrade early.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Amyloutea 

You just have to keep checking My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 until you see this

Upgrade today.JPG

As you have mentioned, sometimes they offer an early upgrade but you still have to pay off the device. Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? You could buy a cheap phone from Amazon or CEX and put your sim in that one for now. Not ideal but at least you will have a working phone until you can upgrade.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3