cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out of O2 - Out of Contract.What's the most cost effective schedule?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being Tarrif charges are billed in arrears, taken 14 days later, and the Pac request triggers the obligatory 30 days notice period: what pac request/new contract (with another carrier) and actioning the port with the new carrier schedule(s) are the most cost effective in the bill cycle?  Both in terms of maximizing the value of the time the number is still with O2, and not double paying O2 and the new supplier; and bearing in mind the likelyhood of O2 charging (or not charging) for time between the port happening and the end of the 30 days, in terms of the impact of charges on the final bill, or indeed a refund on it.

Let's assume it's a £30 contract for simplicity sake and you are billed on the 17th for the previous 31 days, and the dd is taken on the 1st of the month following. Worked examples would be good! 😁😋😁

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Give notice / request PAC on the 17th.
Give PAC to new network the following 15th. Allow extra if the PAC giving day falls on a weekend.
You will be due a refund from O2 as you will be billed for a further full month but a call to customer service will get that sorted and the direct debit shouldn’t be cancelled until the refund is processed and account closed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Give notice / request PAC on the 17th.
Give PAC to new network the following 15th. Allow extra if the PAC giving day falls on a weekend.
You will be due a refund from O2 as you will be billed for a further full month but a call to customer service will get that sorted and the direct debit shouldn’t be cancelled until the refund is processed and account closed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MI5 😋

Message 3 of 3