Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting old number unsuccessful

shortydoc
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello newb here. Would appreciate your help.

So I moved from THREE onto O2. Initially signed up to a new SIM only contract, used my PAC number from THREE and on the same day the porting was meant to happen, I contacted O2 to change my contract as found a cheaper deal. I was informed that's not possible and that I would need to cancel the contract and signed up to the new one. The sales representative on chat did that for me. I explained to him I was receiving messages about porting was pending to happen on that day and he informed me, "not to worry" as that wont happen and I can use the PAC number on the new contract.

AFTER he cancelled the original new contract, he informed me that he is getting an error that the PAC number has been used and to contact THREE for a new PAC number. THREE had already cancelled my number and said the number was ported out to O2 as planned on that day. O2 had already also cancelled the original number.

I now call the number I want ported and it says "the number you dialled is incorrect". O2 is saying I need to wait for 30 days to reissue a PAC code again from THREE but THREE is saying they don't have my number anymore. 

Have I lost my number?!?! Or is it just stuck somewhere in O2's network (I am inclined to assume).

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

shortydoc
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have now replied to your private message. Many thanks.

Message 11 of 13

shortydoc
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

This has now been resolved. Many thanks. I have to admit I am disappointed that O2 customer service gave me the wrong information every time I spoke to them on the phone and via social media and online chat. I can't believe they expected me to wait for 30 days for the PAC code to expire before they were willing to action it. Nevertheless I am glad it is resolved. They had to reactivate the "temporary" contract they cancelled, which automatically pushed the port over. Then ported my three number to my current contract.  

Thank you for all the help and advice everyone

Message 12 of 13

Chippy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why has 02 not changed my no over from 3

Message 13 of 13