Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting old number unsuccessful

shortydoc
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello newb here. Would appreciate your help.

So I moved from THREE onto O2. Initially signed up to a new SIM only contract, used my PAC number from THREE and on the same day the porting was meant to happen, I contacted O2 to change my contract as found a cheaper deal. I was informed that's not possible and that I would need to cancel the contract and signed up to the new one. The sales representative on chat did that for me. I explained to him I was receiving messages about porting was pending to happen on that day and he informed me, "not to worry" as that wont happen and I can use the PAC number on the new contract.

AFTER he cancelled the original new contract, he informed me that he is getting an error that the PAC number has been used and to contact THREE for a new PAC number. THREE had already cancelled my number and said the number was ported out to O2 as planned on that day. O2 had already also cancelled the original number.

I now call the number I want ported and it says "the number you dialled is incorrect". O2 is saying I need to wait for 30 days to reissue a PAC code again from THREE but THREE is saying they don't have my number anymore. 

Have I lost my number?!?! Or is it just stuck somewhere in O2's network (I am inclined to assume).

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shortydoc
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

This has now been resolved. Many thanks. I have to admit I am disappointed that O2 customer service gave me the wrong information every time I spoke to them on the phone and via social media and online chat. I can't believe they expected me to wait for 30 days for the PAC code to expire before they were willing to action it. Nevertheless I am glad it is resolved. They had to reactivate the "temporary" contract they cancelled, which automatically pushed the port over. Then ported my three number to my current contract.  

Thank you for all the help and advice everyone

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@shortydoc 

It will still exist somewhere, you just need someone to find it and unscrew the mess.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

shortydoc
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank your prompt reply. I am being hopeful. Should I rightly assume it is with O2? THREE says the number has ported out and that my contract has now been closed down and are washing their hands off the whole situation. I don't want to wait 30 days for the code to expire and then be told by THREE they still can't help.

Message 3 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

Three will still have the number, but it could be in Limbo and o2 and Three need to sort out the mess. 

If the PAC has been used then the contract on Three will have been terminated and they cant reissue. 

I will tag @megjess  who is on tomorrow and see if she can help to undo this.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@shortydoc 

Your number had already ported away from Three so they won't have it.

It will have been assigned to your old O2 contract which live chat then cancelled mid port.

So O2 will have it but it may take some technical intervention to retrieve it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

shortydoc
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you. I will get on the case again. I have spoken to them about 5 times now. Every time someone promises it will happen and then I am informed otherwise. I just can't lose my number.

Message 6 of 13

megjess
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5  thank you for the tag

@shortydoc  hi I do apologise regarding what's happened I will  PM to get this issue resolved 

thanks

megjess
Message 7 of 13

shortydoc
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

O2megjess has privately messaged asking for my details. I am a bit concerned about giving my details. How do I know she is genuine?

Thank you for your help anyway

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @shortydoc 

@megjessis an O2 advisor. She has worked on the forum for a long time. She can access accounts, where we can't. You need have no worries at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

megjess
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @shortydoc 

I need the details so i can look into the account to resolve the issue without the details am unable access the account I can assure I am from o2 am part if the networking team 

megjess
Message 10 of 13