Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

Nicki2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys, o2 told me my number would be ported over today. My husbands and sons have both been done but mine hasn’t. It no longer registered to my old provider either. Is it going to fail? My old sim stopped working this morning so I’ve been all day without being able to contact my family.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Sophie
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @Nicki2 ,

Have you tried your husband's sim in your phone to see if it will work? If it does work, try putting your sim back into your phone and see if it's made a difference.If it didn't, you will need to get in touch with customer services on 202 from your husband's phone.  

signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Hi, @nicki,
Have you switched off your phone off and on again?
signature
Message 2 of 9

Nicki2
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
About 11 times now x
Message 3 of 9

O2Sophie
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @Nicki2 ,

Have you tried your husband's sim in your phone to see if it will work? If it does work, try putting your sim back into your phone and see if it's made a difference.If it didn't, you will need to get in touch with customer services on 202 from your husband's phone.  

signature
Message 4 of 9

Nicki2
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Done all of the above, still not working. O2 are only dealing with stolen phones or fraud at the moment. So I can’t get any help tonight.
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Nicki2 

Use the lost and stolen option. If this is the only one available then needs must.

Others have done the same and have had success.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Nicki2
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just got through, turns out the person I spoke to last week didn’t put the request through for my number, even though I got the text this morning to say my number would be ported today and my old sim has stopped working they have nothing on their system to say that this is the case. So I now have to wait another 2 days for my number to be ported. I am going to miss so many important phone calls. Wish I’d never switched providers now. Thankyou to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it.
Message 7 of 9

O2Sophie
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry to read this. I hope this gets resolved as quickly as possible.

signature
Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Sounds like you're being fobbed off @Nicki2 

Clearly your request was auctioned today or else your sim would not have turned off. 
Sounds more like a problem with your pac so I would call again to speak to someone else. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9