cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from phone in Upgrade period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm currently in my upgrade period but instead of upgrading (way too expensive) I've taken out another O2 contract with a 3rd party retailer.

Is it possible to port my number over to the new sim whilst in the upgrade period or will I have to wait until my contract expires?

I've tried the online number port form, but it's not ported and I've heard nothing.

Thought I'd ask here before waiting in a queue.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this thread about leaving O2..it tells you everything you need to know

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this thread about leaving O2..it tells you everything you need to know

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to call cs on 202 and ask then to cancel your old contract and transfer your number to the new one.
This will end your old contract and generate a final bill.
Until you do this you will be paying for two contracts as they will both still be running.
This cannot be done online anywhere as it requires an actual cancellation of your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for that...I'm not sure I made myself very clear though.

I currently have 2 O2 contracts, one new and one in my Upgrade period...I want to transfer the number from my old sim to my new one which will close my old contract down.

is this possible whislt in my upgrade period?

sorry for the lack of info slight_smile

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it's possible - do as I said above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Call customer service to transfer the number, this will automatically cancel the first contract. A final bill will be generated.

From your posts it's not entirely clear whether you want 2 contracts. If not then call 202 asap. Early morning is your best option, please do not be tempted to use live chat....

Message 6 of 6