Did you mean: 

Porting number from Virgin to 02

hertscol
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

Bought two phones for two of my children for Christmas.

Porting over from Virgin to 02. I went on the phone to 02 customer services end of Dec and gave the 02 temp number for each phone one at a time and each virgin number I was porting over one at a time that I wanted to assign to the 02 sim of concern. With the Pac Code.

All seemed well. On port day the virgin number for one of my childrens phone and 02 sim crossed wires and went to the other childs phone. So child A ended up getting Child Bs texts etc. I have had two more phone calls with 02 since who still cannot get it right. Turns out that both porting numbers went to one 02 sim and the first one to arrive set up on the account. 

Simple short, I got child A and Child B to swap their sims over so Child B got his correct messages for himself and his ported phone number correctly alligned.

No matter how much I keep trying to tell 02 that they crossed the lines so I swapped the sims, they still cant get Child As phone right to this date now re running the port again. It is now half a month since the phones were given as gifts on christmas day and 02 customer services keep letting me down. One of my phones for the children has still not ported over correctly as yet and he is still not active correctly. I dont know how else to explain the error to them any more than i have.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@hertscol 

You may have to wait until the original PAC expires and get a new one from Virgin for the number you need to port.

You can het a new PAC after 30 days from receiving the original one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@hertscol 

You may have to wait until the original PAC expires and get a new one from Virgin for the number you need to port.

You can het a new PAC after 30 days from receiving the original one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2