Did you mean: 

Porting number but temporary SIM number still shows on texts

Raich
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I recently changed providers from Virgin to O2 (on 29 December 2021) and ported my original number (ending 752) over. All worked well and still does. However, when I call or text my wife (also on O2) or my daughter (on Virgin) they get a display showing call/text coming from the temporary number that was on the new SIM (07546 271 424) which should no longer be current. When they call/text back I still get the message on my current number (ending 752) so it works, I just need to get rid if the false ID of the temporary number that came with the new SIM. I have a Motorola Android phone. Can you help please.

Regards,

Nigel

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Raich 

It varies by phone, but somewhere in the message app settings you have RCS or advanced messaging features.

You need to add your number and remove the previous one which is being read from the sim card.

If you can't find the setting, you need to ask O2 for a new blank sim and so a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2