cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my old number over to O2 from T-Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've just joined O2 and am going to be porting my old T-Mobile number over.  When I phoned in with the PAC code on Friday evening, I was told that it would happen overnight on Sunday/Monday, and that I'd be good to go from Monday morning.

This was ideal as I can't be without my phone for work.

I've just now received a text from O2, telling me that it won't be moved over until Wednesday, and that I have to keep my phone off that day until 6pm!

First, why am I getting conflicting info about this???

Secondly, I guess when they say keep the phone off, they mean the new O2 phone, so that means I can keep using my existing phone until it doesn't work anymore?

Why are these things never simply....hah!?!

Sort of disappointed that just new to O2 and I'm already getting conflicting info about the first thing they're doing for me!

Anyway, any  advice or insights would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Once your T Mobile number switches off you'll know the process has started. Once it has started just reboot your O2 phone every half hour or so until you get connected. No need to keep it turned off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Once your T Mobile number switches off you'll know the process has started. Once it has started just reboot your O2 phone every half hour or so until you get connected. No need to keep it turned off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thanks!  That's good news!

Message 3 of 3