Did you mean: 

Porting my number in

cegm71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’ve requested to port my number from Vodafone to O2 26.09.2019 and received confirmation text that my number was due to port on 26.09.2019 by 6PM.

So 6pm comes and goes and still not done, so I get on the Live Chat and they tell me there has been some 'technical issues' with the porting service but they have no clue when it will now be complete. 

So my old number has been disconnected and I'm left in limbo till who knows when, no one from O2 has been in touch to let me know there's been a problem and another 24 hrs have passed and still not been done.

Not a good start bringing a new customer on board, when will I get my old number ported over??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @cegm71 

Nothing will happen over the weekend ...so expect Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

If nothing happens on Monday you can phone customer services on any phone using the number in this link Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@cegm71 No one here can know.

You need to CALL customer services in the morning at 8.00am for quickest answer Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

cegm71
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So 3 or 4 days without my old number is acceptable to O2 is it?? Shocking...
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@cegm71 

I'm also assuming that you have rebooted the phone with your O2 sim in to refresh the network connection?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

cegm71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So Live Chat have just told me it'll probably be Tuesday now... wow just wow!

So they cut off my old number on Friday and 4/5 days later they will reconnect it... maybe...

I'm a new customer and already I want to leave!

Not great is it...
Message 6 of 10

kevinthemiddle
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmmmm.... a fellow "new" customer here finds this a little concerning. 

I hope that this is not an indication of how O2 handle their personal contract customers vs business clients worried

I have just ported a number across and have recently re-joined as a new customer, after several years with other SPs - following coverage/reliability stats brought me back for where I live.  It'll be interesting to see the outcome.

Watch this space and please let me know of any successes/failures!  (Cheers)

Message 7 of 10

kevinthemiddle
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So... here was my experience with porting my number in, plus more.

1.  A major ordeal going through the porting process and very nearly lost the number I've had for 20 years.  If it wasn't for the contacts I had within the company I recently left behind (that gave me a business line for my role) I would have lost the number as the PAC code had expired, much to my surprise when my partner started receiving calls on her phone for me from family (fortunately not my new employer).  No contact from O2 and the investigation was driven by me - basically get a new PAC or sorry and goodbye! (Getting the PAC is not a straightforward process to this where I came from). 

2.  One or two individuals I dealt with to get assistance to resolve this sought to place theblame in my direction, when I'm simply the end user/paying customer - all I needed to do was provide the PAC code in the form, along with my personal information to get everything up and running.  It was inferred that I must have done something wrong when I completed the online form.

3.  It took four days (and lots of calls) for this to be fixed.  As you can imagine, I was quite upset about this and the whole debacle, and requested that my contract be cancelled (I was still within the cooking off period).  The individual(s) that I dealt with from the 'front desk' didn't fill me with confidence, and as a result of my prior cancellation request caused some complications when I later agreed to a 50% discount for the duration of the contract - it was never about the money (the number was priceless to me for personal reasons) but I accepted the offer as the escalation engineer worked hard to help restore service.

4.  Sadly, I'm now regretting my decision to stay with O2 (again), despite the discount, as there has been a broken mast which covers my home area for at least 2 weeks.  There have been no meaningful updates whatsoever, and I've just started a new job (I work from home often) and so it has been quite embarrasing/stressful not being able to have consistently reliable service to conduct my daily business without continually having problems.

I have worked in technology for over 20 years, and I have never experienced such poor service.  I appreciate that these things could be viewed as isolated incidents, but judging by some of the posts I've read on the boards here and my own experience, I'm setting a very low bar in terms of my expectations going forward.

Here's hoping that things will improve very soon!

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinthemiddle 

Unfortunately no mobile network will give a timescale for fixing a transmission site as very often they have to negotiate with a landowner for access and if located next to a road may need to negotiate with a local council to close the road so their engineers/contractors can work safely and bring in a crane if required.

Message 9 of 10

kevinthemiddle
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah sure, I'm aware of the difficulties re access.... the unfortunate truth for me though, is that when I opted to go with O2 over some of the other MNOs, the mast issue wasn't reflected on the network coverage map - which is rather (in)convenient, as it's obviously not real-time.  So potentially I could be looking at several months of poor performance and frustration.

In other news, the new phone/line I've received from my new employer on a separate competitor network works much better.

Message 10 of 10