Did you mean: 

Porting issues

sGANIDAGLI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I just switched from Vodafone to O2 and my old number has not been transferred yet.
Vodafone disconnected my line 4 days ago on August 5th. I was receiving very important calls from my number, doctors, hospitals etc. but now I can't receive any calls, when my number is called the person who calls hears the announcement that there is no such number.

From the posts I see in the O2 community it seems that this is a recurring problem with O2! My old number is connected to personal and business accounts and therefore I would like the porting issue to be resolved as soon as possible please.

I would be grateful if you have any advice!

I kindly ask that the issue be resolved as soon as possible

Thank you

Salman Ganidagli

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7793 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

You are right in saying that going by the Community this is a reoccurring problem. However, this Community is now simply made up of customers so we are powerless to help and only refer you back to O2

Maybe the social media team can help

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

PA1976
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

you need to speak with coustomer service.

So surely they can help you from you query.

Message 3 of 9

sGANIDAGLI
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately the problem still continues, my line has not been ported yet, when I call it gives me a wrong number warning.

In my last conversation with customer service they said 5 business days. Tuesday will be the 5th day, I am waiting desperately,

Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38218 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

If service on your Vodafone handset has terminated, restart your handset with the O2 SIM in it every few hours, @sGANIDAGLI - the high-level sequence of events here tells you what should be happening in the background:  as helpfully provided by @SImonw_1963 - once the PAC code has been received, it is O2's job to

• advise you when the migration will happen
  • this will take 4-8 hours and involve several phone restarts (Phone should receive O2 calls and make calls anywhere at this point)
  • advise all other networks what numbers they hold (allow other networks to call you)

Phone numbers are allocated by ranges to mobile phone companies. When you call or message someone, your local phone company checks it's register, then the allocated mobile phone company  to find you. Until O2 tells everyone you have migrated, only they know you have migrated, as well as your original supplier.

Once sorted, this can take 1-2 days but usually 1, the port is truly completed.

Message 5 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7793 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

As I say, all we can offer is sympathy 

Nothing ever happens on porting at the weekend

But wait 5 days is becoming the latest robotic statement from customer service 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 9

sGANIDAGLI
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today is the 14th day but the problem has not been solved properly.

The first 2 days they said to wait 24 hours, I waited.
Then they said 5 business days, I waited.
Then they said 7 business days, I waited.
Finally, we created a ticket called mig-xxxxx and they said definitely 24 hours, but it still didn't happen.
I curse the day I gave my number to O2 to be transferred.
I don't know what to do.
All that's left is to take it to court.
But all I want is my number, which I've been using for over 20 years and is very important to me.
Please help me

Message 7 of 9

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 195 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Until O2 tells everyone you have migrated, only they know you have migrated, as well as your original supplier.

It's not strictly true that your donor network "tells everyone" that you've moved operators.

In the UK call routing is based on number ranges, so if you have a VF-issued prefix, all networks will route calls & texts to VF initially.

VF will put routing data on their core databases to forward all activity to O2 (or whoever your current MNO is).

The exception is your current host network who will generally put "not VF - us" flags on to stop calls leaving in the first place.

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8987 Posts
  • 202 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@sGANIDAGLI wrote:

Today is the 14th day but the problem has not been solved properly.

The first 2 days they said to wait 24 hours, I waited.
Then they said 5 business days, I waited.
Then they said 7 business days, I waited.
Finally, we created a ticket called mig-xxxxx and they said definitely 24 hours, but it still didn't happen.
I curse the day I gave my number to O2 to be transferred.
I don't know what to do.
All that's left is to take it to court.
But all I want is my number, which I've been using for over 20 years and is very important to me.
Please help me

I do not think @sGANIDAGLI that you can realistically take this to court. What are you going to allege and how can you possibly quantify your losses ? 

O2 have a complaints' procedure but it is currently taking up to eight weeks for a complaint to be investigated and a response issued. Hence, that is a last resort. 

@Enlli has suggested that you contact the social media team of O2 and I endorse that. They are based in the UK and have a strong reputation for solving problems. You can message O2 on social media via :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Please keep us updated on developments. 👍

Message 9 of 9