Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting failed from orange/EE

Addis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi. I bought a new phone for my wife's birthday.

We got a PAC from orange the day before her birthday and requested the port on her birthday, 23rd Feb.

It was due to port on Friday 24th.

On the Friday the orange phone stopped receiving calls and texts but could still make outgoing calls. The port never completed.

O2 said they would sort it on Saturday, even though it's the weekend.

Saturday morning the sim registration failed on the orange phone. But still no connection on o2.

Ringing the number just gets a message stating the number is invalid!

Now it's mid afternoon and still no joy.

What's going on?
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Addis
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just had a live chat with O2 CS. They have been informed by the technical team that the issues are being resolved and my number will be live by midnight!

Their exact words were -

this is an ongoing issue and the technical team is working on it.
By today mid-night it will be resolved.
As then your number will be ported in by today!

I live in hope!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like an incomplete port. You can call customer service but I think EE has to re port the number 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing will happen over the weekend unless the port is already in process.
Keep rebooting the phone today to see if it will connect to o2, if not, you need to chase CS up on Monday.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

And yet another port in fails from EE based accounts https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/no-outward-service/m-p/1041548#M126006

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Seems to be running slow at the mo.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

JonDC
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have been failing to port me from Virgin since the 16th Feb. After numerous contracts with customer services, where I was effectively lied to several times just to shut me up, they managed to switch off my old number that I need to have ported and the temporary o2 number early yesterday. 

When activation failed to happen by the promised 6pm, I messaged CS (couldn't call obviously) and was told it was slightly delayed but would be live in a few hours. 

That didn't happen. This morning, got through to live chat again and was told that it's a known issue, other customers requesting number transfer are facing the same issue and it will be resolved very soon. 

Given there seems to be some difficulty at O2 with the idea of accurate information, given the different stories I have been fed by various customer service reps in recent days, what 'very soon' actually means is a vexing question currently. 

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you are the third person today it would seem to support the "issue" theory.
Porting is done by a separate company who handles the ports for all networks so you would hope they can sort it quickly.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Addis
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I guess then that I'm stuck!

I ported from EE to GiffGaff this time last year and it went through like a dream.

Porting my wifes number is more like a nightmare!

I found this utility mentioned on another thread - https://www.textmagic.com/free-tools/carrier-lookup it shows that my wifes number is held by carrier Telefonica UK. That's O2 right?

So, if they carry the number, it must have been released correctly by EE. If it's not live by 5:45ish I'll try the live chat again but I guess I'm waiting until Monday to sort it out.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, Telefonica is O2.
Keep rebooting, it should come back online.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Addis
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just had a live chat with O2 CS. They have been informed by the technical team that the issues are being resolved and my number will be live by midnight!

Their exact words were -

this is an ongoing issue and the technical team is working on it.
By today mid-night it will be resolved.
As then your number will be ported in by today!

I live in hope!
Message 10 of 16