Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number to O2

vhooker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I just being thick here. I am a new o2 customer and trying to port my old number to this service. The new SIM packaging says to text SWAP to 20220 saying in the notes to "do this from the o2 numer you'll use on your phone. The number I want to use on my phone is not an o2 number it is my old number. If I have that in the phone and text swap to 20220 it says the number is for o2 customers only. So I pop the O2 sim in there and do the same. I text back the answers to the questions and it ends up saying this sim is already active and to turn the phone off and on again and I will be good to go. I do that and low and behold, my phone still has the number supplied with the SIM, not the one I want to port. It has not asked me for a pac code, the online help is useless, and I cant speak to anyone at o2. Can any one tell me how this process is REALLY supposed to work? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

O2Lauren
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You need to get a PAC code from your previous provider. You can do this by texting PAC to 65075 from the number you want to keep. Once you have the PAC code, head to o2.co.uk/keepmynumber and fill out the online form.

signature
Message 2 of 2