Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Porting a number from o2 to three but keeping contract.

Hello,
I have just signed up with a contract with three, and I have an existing contract with o2 which has around 9 months to go.
I would like to port the number from my O2 contract to my Three contract - but not cancel the contract. I'd like a new number allocating and I will give this phone/line to my girlfriend to use (I will still pay the bill).
I understand this isn't possible (please advise otherwise!), so here's my idea for a workaround:
1) convert from o2 personal to o2 business
2) add a second handset (get a second sim and number for my account)
3) port out my original number, leaving just one number behind
4) convert back to o2 personal
Is this possible?
Thanks
Ben
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Porting a number from o2 to three but keeping contract.

Not possible im afraid as you can only transfer to business at the end of your current transfer,
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not possible im afraid as you can only transfer to business at the end of your current transfer,

Not true, you can move from consumer to business, without penalty, if at least halfway through your current contract. Call customer services
Highlighted
Anonymous

Very long winded, even if it is possible I'd be prepared to jump through some hoops because it's certainly not a simple process, may be more trouble than it's worth.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not true, you can move from consumer to business, without penalty, if at least halfway through your current contract. Call customer services

mybad.. :robotsurprised: