Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue (Split Port)

Brian_Fly
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Another Split Port issue here and was hoping for some guidance please.

• Signed up with O2 on 11 April and gave my Three PAC information at point of order to port my present number.
  • Received SIM on 14 April but told port wouldn't happen until the following Tuesday (18 April) as O2 hadn't processed the port request so to keep using Three SIM in phone
  • On 18 April received a message from Three to advise disconnection of my line - assume port complete so switched SIMS. Nothing working
  • Having been speaking to O2 customer services every day since it has become apparent there is split port. I can make calls and get data but cannot receive calls or texts and can only receive calls from O2 numbers. Every time I speak to customer services now I am told the same thing "The request has been escalated directly to the back office team and should get a response in 4 hours but maybe 24 hours". This has been every day from 21-26 April and literally having the exact same conversation every day.

This is really frustrating as I am effectively uncontactable via my phone (kids school etc have tried to contact me and won't use Whatsapp) and don't feel like there is any level of escalation rather than sending an email to a faceless department internally that I cannot speak directly to.

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge with this please? 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brian_Fly
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update - Number has now finally ported. Only took 2 weeks and multiple phone calls but is working now.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146976 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Brian_Fly 

I'll ask @O2Ryan to see what's going on for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 3 of 7

Brian_Fly
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update - Number has now finally ported. Only took 2 weeks and multiple phone calls but is working now.

Message 4 of 7

Jake95
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted.

I keep getting the same old story from them 

Message 5 of 7

lucy27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue. I am now over 3 weeks waiting for o2 to port my sons number over to the new o2 contract. Tomorrow the PAC code will expire and yet again today I have been told to wait 5 days! It's ridiculous. I'm beyond frustrated...please someone help.

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Regretfully our O2 Advisors were removed in July so it's just us customers who can only advise keeping at O2

You can officially complain

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Resolver part way down is said to be good

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7