cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number in from a different network - status and 5G?

red_snow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello folks,

I ordered a new O2 SIM a couple of days ago and as part of the process I provided a PAC from my existing provider. The O2 SIM turned up this afternoon and I've inserted into my phone and all is OK.

My questions:

1. How do I check the status of the number port, follow progress and ensure that it is going to happen and when?

2. The SIM packaging states it is built for 5G but I will need a 5G device and a 5G tariff. I have the Note10+ 5G but how do I know if my tariff (SIMO Unlimited/Unlimited/100GB) is 5G enabled or are they all enabled by default?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@red_snow See this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number The porting process starts when your old sim loses service. You then have to reboot your phone every half hour or so with your new sim. To see what tariff you're on, check your MYO2 page: http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

red_snow
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I've had a few ports before so I know what to expect on the day but do you know if there is any way to check that they have the order and it will happen?

Also when I check my account, I'm not seeing anything about 5G enabled or not. Tariff details yes but nothing on actual 4G/5G only etc.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@red_snow You'll need to speak to customer service. Try 0800 587 4005 first.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4