Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poorest CS ever ecperienced.

OhDear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I've been with 02 since 2nd August 2018.

On 18th of August I asked to be allocated a new  number (replacing my old number).

I was told this would take 15 minutes and the agent would call me back with my new number in 15 to 30 minutes.

After 3 hours it was evident this wasn't going to be the case.

I'd also lost all service at this point. I was unable to make calls or recieve them, the same was true of SMS. I also had no data connection.

I've made over 15 calls to customer service (they seem to lack any empowerment to resolve issues, and clearly and demonstrably lie).

All o2 staff refuse to follow the complaints procedure as published on the o2 website. That is they refuse to escalate the matter to a manager.

So here I am 3 days later still unable to make calls or use SMS or the internet. People get a message telling them they have dialled an incorrect number.

IUs this really the best o2 can do? Without a doubt the worst experience I've had with a mobile operator, and that really is saying something.

So any advice on how I should proceed would be gratefully received.

I've already issued a summons for Mark Evans the head of o2 using the UK courts service online. So if nothing else will get to claim compenstation from o2 when they visit the county court in Bristol.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@EmilieT ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @OhDear, I'm sorry to read you've been stuck for a while now - I'm going to send you a Private Message now to get a bit more information and see if we can speed things up from our end!

Thanks @MI5 for the mention slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

OhDear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT,

Thanksfor the offer of helping. Since then I've used the power of Facebook and contacted the O2 store in Trowbridge, Wiltshire.

Conrad and Ethan at the store have done a sterling job getting this sorted, this was the level of CS I'd expect from a large company such as O2. They CAREFULLY listened to the problem. Made a suggestion about a course of action, that that explained and justified coherently.

This was in stark contrast to the SA and Indian call centres and the online chat, who frankly are deplorable. I think O2 needs to look long and hard into their actions of particluar note were Teia, Viv and Sadia, who in my opinion don't have a place working for O2.

I can't thank Ethan and Conrad enough for restoring my service in under 15 minutes. If O2 have an employee scheme to recognise great service these two guys are top contenders!!

My contract will finish in 11 months, needless to say it is almost certain that I won't be contining with O2.

I'm still going to allow the County Court hearing to run to cover the costs I incurred as in my view O2 did not 'exercise professional skill and care' (from the O2 contract T&C's and a requirement of law).

My issue wasn't that there was an issue of service, it was the way that O2 dealt with it. In the 21st century and mobile communication being regard as essential in a recent report, O2 fell well short of competent to operate as a virtual monopoly.

I even emailed complaintreviewservice@o2.com, who advised they would 'We’ll try to give you a call on the phone" that's the phone that wasn't working, and was advised in the email that I sent to them. The response was clearly a canned response, great CS O2. Can't even be bothered to read the detaile email I sent to you. it does show a level of contempt for their customers that can only go one way.

It's clear the UK mobile market needs more competition in it. The monopoly the current big 4 have is unhealthy for consumers and the future of mobile communication in the UK. We already lag well behind other advanced and industrialised countries in terms of coverage, quality and cost.

I'm now looking a VOIP using EE or BT for all calling in future where I will have total contol of my number and how it's routed. I can use it using mobile data or wifi connectivity. I have a friend who does this and get amazing coverage and call quality, far above UK mobile providers are able to offer.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
So the court will throw this out straight away as you havent followed the remidation process, and have have waited less than 2 days since logging the issue with customer services.

And what are you suing o2, I have a feeling they will win, and they will then bill you for the costs, so hope you have a big cheque book.

Im sorry but you get 0 empathy from me and 10/10 for over reaction.....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5