Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Poor retention deals

Having had a contract with O2 for 4 years I phoned up recently to upgrade and was offered a £10 discount on the £35/month tariff a couple of weeks ago. This seemed like a decent deal but I wasn't at home to receive the phone in the post and wanted to consider it. Phoned back this week and retention deals seem to be non-existent as of June 1st, and what I was offered initially isn't on the table anymore. And to make it worse better deals are to be had simply visiting competitors websites (e.g. Orange) and signing up to them as a new customer. O2 just simply aren't competitve at the moment and have produced a shocking U-turn in the way they reward loyalty.

If anyone from O2 reads these forums I urge you to review the deals you offer to loyal customers or you could face an exodus when contracts are up for renewal. To your credit someone did call me to ask why I have requested a PAC code, I only hope that what I said is taken on board.
Topics: 549
Solutions: 3,443

Poor retention deals

O2 don't really read these forums though beware the moderators who lurk at delete without notice Smiley Very Happy There are a few posters who do work for O2 who help out quite often but this is during their free time (hmmmm, yes we all do surf at work Smiley Wink ).

Fairly safe at the moment...think they are all in bed Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Poor retention deals

All the network's now have very good coverage.

All have hot spots & weak spots.

Alleged that they all share resources.
Anonymous

Poor retention deals

Sorry I wasn't clear. I never actually ordered the phone as I was away at the time so wouldn't have been at my home address to receive it in the post.

There is a difference between being competitive and being good value for money. It is probably the case that none of the operators offer good value but that shouldn't stop them from being competitive.
Anonymous

Poor retention deals

It always amazes me when people start talking about loyalty. O2 have loyally provided you with service for all those years and made you a good offer which you refused on spurious grounds. (if you weren't at home you could have arranged delivery/re-delivery for a different day). You then show a lack of loyalty by threatening to go elsewhere. I've no sympathy for you.
Anonymous

Poor retention deals

What M-j is getting at, isnt that he wasnt there to recieve the order.. but the fact o2 are no longer offering loyalty discounts. Im having a similar problem.. I can get the same tariff on Tmobile 10pounds a month cheaper then o2 are offering. Any decent company would at least price match surely? Ive directed o2 to the tmobile website where the offer is clearly visable and they still refuse to do anything.. surely our loyalty is worth a price match from a main competitor?
Anonymous

Poor retention deals

All the network's now have very good coverage.
All have hot spots & weak spots.
Alleged that they all share resources.

Well, not for O2 at the moment. As far as I know, O2 told me that they have good coverage at my area with 3G signal but I can only get two bars GPRS...Most of the time I have to resort to my Vodafone Sim Card... I don't think O2 has good coverage anyway... I have to say that Vodafone is the best of all although all networks have good coverage in many urban areas... O2, Orange and T-mobile does not have good coverage for rural areas or small towns...Only Vodafone has.

Don't get me wrong as I have nothing against O2 but it is just that they don't have sufficient coverage as much as the network coverage map goes... The network coverage map is not accurate.

The fact is that Vodafone and O2 have agreed to share their network coverage recently and 3 UK is using Orange network for their 2G signal.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor retention deals

I agree that retention deals don't seem as good as they were in the past. I have been an O2 customer for 5 years. 18 months ago I threatened to move to Vodafone and 02 knocked £10 off my monthly bill, increased all my allowances and I got a new handset.

My contract came up for renewel today and I have been checking out the online upgrades. The iPhone deals are exactly the same as those for new customers. I cannot keep my existing contract/phone and get free credit. Nor can I change my present bolt on. Maybe I am asking for too much but I don't feel like am being rewarded for my custom. Time to see what they'll offer me over the phone...