cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor reception in Hornchurch?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just joined O2 (from 3) and noticed that the reception in my area is really poor. I have dropped calls, late text deliveries, "no service" or "emergency calls only" for significant amounts of time during the last week, and not sure if it was OK since I got the phone (about two weeks before that) as I hadn't had cause to suspect the network was bad.

There was some work being done on a mast last weekend, but it hasn't improved since, and quite honestly the coverage I've got in my own home is not fit for purpose.

I've put the SIM in my old phone and it's no better. 

Tesco are sending me a new SIM, but I can't see how that would affect the network coverage.

Any one else having problems in the Hornchurch (RM12) area?

Russ

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There may be a problem as they're doing some work on the masts tomorrow:

Live results for Hornchurch, Essex

Our network is currently working fine
We'll be carrying out some maintenance on our phone masts in this area on the 20 May
Updated 13:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There may be a problem as they're doing some work on the masts tomorrow:

Live results for Hornchurch, Essex

Our network is currently working fine
We'll be carrying out some maintenance on our phone masts in this area on the 20 May
Updated 13:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the reply. It's the "our network is currently fine" that I can't agree with!

cheers

Russ

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have de commissioned a mast in Hornchurch on the St George's Hospital site and will not be fixing it. I have had no signal or 3G for over 2 months, received a call this week telling me about the mast. It isn't going to be fixed so you may want to find an alternative!
Message 4 of 4