Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

Just forget about the early upgrade for a moment and let's say you were eligable to upgrade from tomorrow. You would have been eligable for the same deal as your partner. That wouldn't be a problem. However as stated you can only upgrade to the 3G S or Palm Pre early. If you still want the 3G, by all means you can get it on the same deal, but you would have to wait until your upgrade date. You will have been given the same deal as a new customer but you would just have had to wait.
The customer service agents were not confused, and you have been made aware by both people on the forums and I'm sure the agents on the phone that you could not uprade to the 3 G until your upgrade date.
Yes it seems daft that you can't upgrade to any handset early as long as you are willing to pay the rest of your contract off.
Highlighted
Anonymous

No brainer....

I take it O2 want to keep their aging 3G models to bring in new customers at a low or zero handset price, hence the reason they were not part of the upgrade promo?

Surely, it is a no brainer that retaining a customer is as good as grabbing a new one and that the customer should not have to fight with O2 to make them see this?

Personally, it would take more than a flashy GUI to make me shell out £180 for a handset, then pay £35 per month for 2 years(£1020) in total. A lot of cash for something most of us don't need, unless to satisfy gadget's disease. Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: No brainer....

I take it O2 want to keep their aging 3G models to bring in new customers at a low or zero handset price, hence the reason they were not part of the upgrade promo?
Surely, it is a no brainer that retaining a customer is as good as grabbing a new one and that the customer should not have to fight with O2 to make them see this?
Personally, it would take more than a flashy GUI to make me shell out £180 for a handset, then pay £35 per month for 2 years(£1020) in total. A lot of cash for something most of us don't need, unless to satisfy gadget's disease. Smiley Very Happy

Your first statement isn't really correct, because it would be like saying they want new customers to take any handset and upgrading customers get the 3G. Like I say it's daft that you can't upgrade to any handset early. I think the idea is that most iPhone customers want the latest iPhone when it has been released and a lot start complaining when the can't get it.