Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/paymonth.html

Clearly states that on a 24 months £35 contract with the 3G handset it is FOC, they can't argue with what is on their own website.

As far as I am aware when you upgrade early you have the option of the 3G or the 3GS? Please correct me if I am wrong anyone, I am starting to doubt myself now! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

Well you could play their bluff, say you want to pay off your contract and you want your PAC code as Vodafone will give you what you want. You get 30 days to act on this after you receive your code.
Edit: just to clarify, Voda offer iPhone 3G 8GB for 24months, free phone, unlimited text's 1GB mobile internet and mail, 600mins for £35

Yeah - I was looking at that earlier.
I'm probably gonna just wait until March. It's not that long and I don't desperately need the iPhone right away.
It's just that the level of customer service I received stuck in my craw somewhat.
I still don't understand why I don't get the same deal as a new customer after paying the remainder of my contract?

Very starnage, and very frustrating for you. I think someone at O2 must have their wires crossed somewhere!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

Tbh, I'm getting quite annoyed again. I might phone them back and inform them of the discrepancy between their customer service info and what's displayed on their website.....

Actually, now that I think about it, the £50 cancellation fee would take me to March (the early upgrade date), but my contract actually fully expires in April, so the figures don't tally.

If I paid £75 (which would take me to April and is the full remainder of my contract at £25/month), then they might offer me the deal that i've been asking about.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

That shouldn't be an issue TBH.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

That shouldn't be an issue TBH.

That's what I thought.

Something is very wrong here.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

Clearly states that on a 24 months £35 contract with the 3G handset it is FOC, they can't argue with what is on their own website.
As far as I am aware when you upgrade early you have the option of the 3G or the 3GS? Please correct me if I am wrong anyone, I am starting to doubt myself now! Smiley Very Happy

No, you can only upgrade early to the 3GS not the 3G.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

No, you can only upgrade early to the 3GS not the 3G.

It's not an early upgrade if I buy out the reminder of my contract. It's technically only an early upgrade if you enter into a new contract before your old contract expires. E.g contract expires April - they give me an upgrade in March.

Doesn't matter now anyway - I called again and asked them to explain to me why, if I buy out the remainder of my contract, I can't purchase the same tariff that a new customer would get. The fella on the phone said I could and they gave me a 16G 3Gs refurb free with the £35/month tariff.

Go figure.

Let this be a lesson - if you don't get what you want first time, keep calling them. Eventually, they will buckle.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

If you want the 3g like everyones said its free on a 24 month £35 contract, don't let someone confused up in customer services confuse you too!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

You can't get the same deal as a new customer.... one of the many reasons why I binned O2.

"Hi i'm customer of 7 years, can I have the great new deal your offering?" NO!!!! "Ok then goodbye i'm off to another telco, might come back if they are as poor, but then again probably not".
Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor customer service.

You can't get the same deal as a new customer.... one of the many reasons why I binned O2.
"Hi i'm customer of 7 years, can I have the great new deal your offering?" NO!!!! "Ok then goodbye i'm off to another telco, might come back if they are as poor, but then again probably not".

Actually yes you can.

This whole thread was caused over confusion between prices of new iphone handsets (completely set and the same for new and existing customers) and refurb handsets (can vary from customer to customer but are usually free on £35pm 18/24m and higher tariffs)