cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Support Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I lost my phone on friday the 5th of July at 4:30pm, phoned o2 customer service then asked to phone o2 insurance line.

Insurance lady directed me to report to police missing item and get a reference number only for the police to inform me that this service ended in 2011, April and gave me a number to phone for missing Ref! Do the o2 guys know the basic reporting procedure?

Worse still, I was told my phone would come on Tuesday the 8th between 15:15-16:46pm. The phone didnt come at all until the next day!!

Having asked to keep my old number, the phone came with a different number and worse on pay as you go when I am a monthly customer since introduction on iphone! I have to buy credit while waiting for 24hrs switch... Bloody hell

I was told through customer service that I use the number without top up because he has sorted my complaint and today I am still sitting here using top up. Whats the point of customer service if they cant sort basic stuff!!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I lost my phone on friday the 5th of July at 4:30pm, phoned o2 customer service then asked to phone o2 insurance line.

Insurance lady directed me to report to police missing item and get a reference number only for the police to inform me that this service ended in 2011, April and gave me a number to phone for missing Ref! Do the o2 guys know the basic reporting procedure?

Worse still, I was told my phone would come on Tuesday the 8th between 15:15-16:46pm. The phone didnt come at all until the next day!!

Having asked to keep my old number, the phone came with a different number and worse on pay as you go when I am a monthly customer since introduction on iphone! I have to buy credit while waiting for 24hrs switch... Bloody hell

I was told through customer service that I use the number without top up because he has sorted my complaint and today I am still sitting here using top up. Whats the point of customer service if they cant sort basic stuff!!

As far as im aware with any loss or theftt any Insurance companies will not entertain a claim on the policy, until a police ref number has been obtained. If a person loses their handset then its down to the small print of the policy if thats covered.

Im guessing the courier company glitched here. Did you not have a tracking number etc ?

A sim swap generally takes a couple of hours but can take up to 24 hours. Keep turning your phone off and on to reset it.

If you wish to make a complaint then here is the online form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=13668

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as im aware with any loss or theftt any Insurance companies will not entertain a claim on the policy, until a police ref number has been obtained. If a person loses their handset then its down to the small print of the policy if thats covered.

Im guessing the courier company glitched here. Did you not have a tracking number etc ?

A sim swap generally takes a couple of hours but can take up to 24 hours. Keep turning your phone off and on to reset it.

If you wish to make a complaint then here is the online form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=13668

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already logged a complaint- Dont worry about it because I am forced to buy top up when I have already paid my monthly subscrptions.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heya

It is correct that the insurance will require you to contact the police, if they wont give out a specific code usually they accept the officers details and date and time.

You shouldnt have had to top up at all. You shouldnt get any new number but you will get a new sim which the insurance i think should activate for you and if they dont you call O2 Contract Customer Services and they will activate the sim and have you up and running within 24hrs.

i know its a little late but i hope you get this sorted.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't really see the point in reporting a loss to the police a theft yes but how can they give you a crime ref number when no crime has been committed
Message 5 of 5