Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor Signal in Malvern / WR141gh area???

I have had a Iphone 3gs for about 5 months and the signal and 3g data has always been amazing, around 1 mb download and crystal clear voice quality at WR14 1gh / my work.
About 4 weeks ago 4 of us at my work lost 3g for about half a day. I have the 3gs and 3 of my friends have the iphone 4.
Ever since that day we have all had average data speeds of 0.01 to 0.2 and pings of 700 upwards at work. Also our call quality is very bad. Constantly breaking up even though our phones are showing 3g and full signal.
Has anyone in the area had the same problem????
o2 have done two lots of tests on the area and can not see a problem.
when we lost 3g for half a day o2 said they were doing updates on the mast.
They say they can not fix this problem and the only option i have is to pay £580 to come out of my contract.
2 other people at work are on orange and 3 mobile and they are getting 3g speeds of 1mb upwards and fine signal.
I have sent an email to watchdog and spoken to CAB about this and they seem to agree that we are not getting the service we used to get and therfore breaking our contract.
Please let me know if you have the same problem!!!!!
Thank you
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Poor Signal in Malvern / WR141gh area???

THANK GOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!
I work literally 2 miles from you and live 5 miles from your post code.
My iphone 3g and HD2 both struggle to get decent call quality and 3g speed out of them. They both have the same symptoms you describe and I to have been emailing o2 support back and forth to try and resolve the issue.
I feel that o2 is in breach of contract due to them not able to provide a service which they could provide when I upgraded in January. I now want out and wish to move to t-mobile/orange. Im happy to return the HD2 but not pay for another 10months on my contract.
This has all started since the small outage we had that you describe.
---edit---
Just downloaded my trusty speedtest app again and got some shocking results:
Highlighted
Anonymous

We are WR141GL and we have been experiencing the exact same problem for months. If I didn't know better your post could have been written by any of the O2 users on our site.
3G also keeps dropping on our i-phone users but only at this location.
Has anyone noticed any improvements lately? O2 claim to have sent an engineer to our site the week before last - but nobody here saw anyone.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

http://status.o2.co.uk/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I have noticed a slight improvement. 3g is constant and a normal speed. Wouldnt say call quality is any better.
I however will not be renewing with o2 next September. When I rang o2 I was told I wasnt a high priority and more people have to complain. Even thoe I pointed the lady to this post. The fact I spend £45 a month with them isn't enough.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,
I'm new to this site (I joined as the reception in my house is awful)
We are at WR14 *** and all the way from The Splash in Malvern to my house (in any direction) the signal is terrible.
I'd love to ditch 02, but the whole family, extended family, children, ex partners and the like are all on 02, so we could benefit from the cheaper calls etc.
Having now bought a nice shiny new Blackberry, it is even worse and the entire family is getting fed up calling me as the convo is so stilted with each 'call failed' message.
Is there a better phone to use or should the whole of Malvern just revolt and not pay them?
This could explain why the phone shop stopped doing 02 of course!
Shirl
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was in the Malvern area over the weekend and can't even remember seeing a 3G signal!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm here visiting my parents in Powick and have low signal, no 3G or even Edge. Driving around Malvern itself - zero 3G. It's absolutely terrible. Can't remember it ever being this bad!