Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Poor Signal/data not showing on ''my o2"

O2 is really bad about signal I hope the company invest some money as signal is so rubbish most of times and everywhere, just done a 24 months contract with Blackberry, data not showing on my o2 ( they said thers an error on system)this error is going over 2 months now,It was working before, Ive called customer service and couldnt help with the issue!Thats so sad and Im paying 29 pounds a month for a rubbish service!
Hope someone can help
Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Poor Signal/data not showing on ''my o2"

o2 invest over £1 million per day on updating and maintaining the network.
I've always found the signal to be fine, as have many of my friends and family who use o2.
Perhaps an issue with your handset or sim?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone is brand new (3 weeks) and sim too, so I doubt it, also Im not the only one complainig about signal even others on forum said signal is poor everywhere.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

I have great 2g o2 signal all over the country on my iphone and when in areas with 3g I get good connection see my speedtest result below.
what is shown for your area on http://status.o2.co.uk and the predicted coverage checker.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

You'll find that many posts regarding the signal are mole hills being made into mountains or poorly diagnosed technical problems.
As I said, there's nothing inherently wrong the the signal or coverage.
Have you tried checking status.o2.co.uk and putting in your post code to check your local coverage and if there are any issues?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well it says good signal indoors and outdoors...Well is NOT as signal is always poor..And regarding the 2g signal that aint great either coz if you wanna browse a page it will take ages to load Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

..And regarding the 2g signal that aint great either coz if you wanna browse a page it will take ages to load Smiley Sad

That's normal Smiley Surprised
Highlighted
Anonymous

hi, i dont have any signal either, i rang them today and they said my areas down again for technical problems? is your area the same?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yea
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

'Apparently', data will be available to view again on My O2 on the 5th November...according to the O2 adviser I spoke to today.
I don't know if this is 100% or whether it was just to fob me off but I'm giving the guy the benefit of my extreme doubt.