Did you mean: 

Poor Signal, Poor service

KelvinS71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2,

I am very disappointed with the service and contract I have.

I took out the contract last year, and for £43.00 per month it wasn't bad and the signal i thought was ok but not the fastest data contract and no 5G in our area anyway.

Recently my landline failure meant i have to use the data on my phone, and the majority of the time, i struggle to get two bars of signal and generally inconsistent download/upload speeds.

Using a personal hotspot is next to useless as the signal is so bad.  

I am no stranger to troubleshooting phones as I worked in IT for a long time and have changed the 5G to 4G on the phone, regularly reboot the phone, turned airplane mode on and off etc.  This generally gives a little better signal and possibly data throughput for a short while then it settles to the terrible signal that i get usually.

As i had been on the O2 website, I had a customer service call asking me if i wanted to upgrade early.

I replied that I wouldn't be renewing the contract when my time was up and after a short conversation explaining to do the above troubleshooting steps, she decided to send me out a new sim to see if this helped as the data and signal in our areas S65 and S66 are supposed to be decent in and outdoors.

I got an email notification that the sim had been sent and around an hour later, my phone went to emergency calls only!  I have yet to receive the sim and have been without phone and data for two days now.

The tracking link sent doesnt work as it has been sent by royal "snail" mail.  

Needless to say, not happy, especially as O2 is the only network in our house to have increased by over 5 pounds per month since last year.  Both my wifes and daughters EE phones no change to their contracts.

I have now purchased a data sim on Vodafone which is stable and 4 bars on my phone, so know it is not my phone at fault.

Am i able to break this contract due to poor service?  I can never achieve 250gb as the network is never fast enough to allow such a download even if i was trying to stream films constantly for the month.

Happy to pay outright for the phone or give it back so i can get on a network that delivers what it promised.

I use about 10gb max per month.

Please advise. 

Regards,

K.Staniforth

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@KelvinS71 

Yes, just pay off the device plan and you are free to leave.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@KelvinS71 

Yes, just pay off the device plan and you are free to leave.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2