Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Poor Service

I just purchased an Alcatel mobile and fitted an OS sim card. Signal strenght in my area was so low I could only achieve either no bars or one signal bar on the front LCD
I wrote to O2 who came back with a load of questions presumably read from a script.
They would not pass on my complaint to their technical Dept without name, address and loads of other info.
The final email capped the lot.
"Would you please activate your O2 mobile and top up with funds" we can then progress your complaint.

How am I suppose to carry out this task with NO signal.
Presumably another script question ?
Eventually I gave up on O2, unlocked the phone inserted a T Mobile Sim card which gives me full strenght signal.
I was appalled at the inept attitude of CS not helping a new customer, let alone all the other potential customers in my local area who cannot use O2
Anonymous

Re: Customer Service useless

The chances are they want the address and 'loads of other info' because they are trying to establish whether you have a specific problem or one related to your location.
I would assume the want you to activate your account and top up so that a) they can verify you are a customer and b) do some testing with you. They will not escalate the issue to second or third line network support until they have run some tests on your handset, in the area where you are having a problem. That is actually quite sensible and standard practice. The reason they work to a script it the underlying network support team will reject the issue if the standard tests are not carried out.
In answer to your question you carry that out by topping up and activating somewhere where you do have signal and then going back to them.
Assuming you had gone ahead and done as they asked they probably would have refunded the credit you used to do the testing anyway.
T-Mobile obviously has better coverage in your area which is why is worked first time and therefore is probably a better bet for you.
Anonymous

I was appalled at the inept attitude of CS not helping a new customer, let alone all the other potential customers in my local area who cannot use O2

Wait... So everyone else in your area can't get an O2 signal? If so, what can you expect customer service to do?
Anonymous

Poor Service

Wait... So everyone else in your area can't get an O2 signal? If so, what can you expect customer service to do?

Everyone else in my road complains about the O2 signal (or lack of it).
So what I expected them to do was take my complaint seriously.
I live at the top of a hill and its not unusual to see people walking by with their mobile held high in order to get a signal. Residents remark "there goes an O2 customer"
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,096

Anonymous

Could have just checked all signal strengths on each networks website Smiley Wink im not sticking with o2 after the problems ive had, apparently they wont guarantee a message over 160 characters... oh the joy... so instead of just coming in bits like it used to... it doesnt come at all now...
Anonymous

Poor Service

Answer to three replies:-
Could have just checked all signal strengths on each networks website
Not sure how to do that, I did check to see what Networks I could receive which included O2, Vodaphone, T Mobile and 3
Why on earth did I go with O2
Because the particular mobile I was after was on offer and locked to O2.
I took the risk that I could get it unlocked.
After the hassle of not even being able to top it up/activate, it was unlocked for 99p on Ebay
How many other people have complained to O2
Do you expect me to go outside every time I see a person wandering around with a mobile at head height and ask them if they have reported the problem. -
I can just image the reply - possibly "clear of"
So I took the plunge and couldn`t get past CS
Anonymous

Re: Poor Service

I've read this thread open mouthed in astonishment. I can't believe that someone would be so obstructive.
If you had contacted O2 and followed their instructions through to a conclusion and still been unhappy then that would be cause for complaint.
But to refuse to provide even basic details and follow the simplest of fault finding, then you have no reason to complain.
Those other people on this thread tried to help, offering an explanation and sensible advice. You chose to be argumentative and obstructive.
I may be blunt, but quite frankly you have not helped yourself one bit.