cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Phone Service , Drop signals and drop calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are family of four and using o2 phone service from long time but struggling with it from last couple of months. We have tried everything in our power to diagnose and resolve the issue without any success.  Our nature of jobs demands to have flawless service and 24/7 availability. We are having huge amount of drop calls i.e calls dropping during the conversation, phones not ringing at all and getting missed call message, can't make call, failed call message on dialling. Our children are using o2 number too and walking from school to home everyday . They find it very difficult to call if they need it. 

So far we have done following measures to resolve it. 

- contacted Apple Store to find out if phone have issue, they have confirmed that There is no issue with phone and all four phone can't have issue at same time 
- changed one of the phone and bought new s6 Samsung but situation with o2 signals stayed same poor one bar or no service inside home. 
- from last 3 days talking to o2 customer service /engineers to diagnose the issue, they disconnected phone , reconnected after 48 hours. Situation remains same. 
- tried using ee and all the phones works brilliantly. no issue at all. 
- phones are unlocked to all the networks, it seems the issue resides with o2. 
- try using tugo but it have own issues. It may be good to make call but hard to pickup calls. 

We can't take this any more. O2 is really going down with regard to service and whole process where you cant talk to anyone except few call logger customer agents. O2 should not offer services to any such area where they cant offer their services properly. Sent complaint
complaintreviewservice
 and received automatic reply that they will contact in 7 days.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tugo doesn't work with an iPhone when the keypad is locked. Its such a poor design that it droped the call while you unlock the phone , Such a shame that large orginsation like o2 hav developed such an poor app.Why they cant spend money and have such better app like whatapp or skype etc, after all they all work on voip and principle is same.

Message 11 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 670 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Most people have the unlocking issue meaning the call is lost and you have to call them back. Main gripe unfortunately with ios.

Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 149339 Posts
  • 678 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why they cant spend money and have such better app like whatapp or skype etc, after all they all work on voip and principle is same.

Conversely, you could ask why Apple won't allow O2 to access that part of the system that over-rides the lock screen like normal calls do?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

We had our cricket AGM lastnight and bunch of guys were on o2 , We have tested and unfortunalty 13 guys on o2 were not able to receive calls in Milton Keynes Willen area, Then we went to center to have dinner and situtation remain quite same. 

M15 Im not speaking for apple etc and O2 is responsible to provide me and you and their all the customers good service with out any app etc. Unfortunatly thats not the case and most of us are forced to use app which is not what Im paying for.  More than 80 % calls going to voice mail. You think this is acceptable. There can be strong law case against o2

Any we are going to test this on weekend to different parts of Milton Keynes and possibly word of mouth will spread from personal level to social media compaign so o2 listen MK residents. So far I have not heard from O2 complaint review. what a service . 

Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 149339 Posts
  • 678 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You think this is acceptable. There can be strong law case against o2

It's not acceptable for you but I am OK because I checked that the network I chose gave me good service.

If it didn't I would change to one that did.

There is no law case to be had against O2 unless you can prove without doubt that they are deliberately withholding your signal and are in breech of the T&C's, which I doubt they are.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received call from O2 complaints , the guy was quite rude and keep saying that O2 has no issue at all, I just asked him why we need to raise issue after more than 5 years with o2, we are not insane etc. O2 will not admit their mistake at all. He is checking coverage etc in area but even there are signal on the phone people still cant make and receive call. its some mast issue 

M15 foudn out on o2 facebook that im not alone , here are few reviews and outcry

SICK to Death of phoning and complaining about the Network coverage and my phone dropping calls etc all the time.All i get is have you tired our TU App!!! No I haven't tried your App I pay for a service that I am not getting I am seriously considering looking at other network providers as O2 clearly don't value my custom of 15 years!!!!

Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 149339 Posts
  • 678 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
I don't see the relevance of the second complaint you posted?
However, if you are on refresh, you can pay your phone off and go get a sim only deal from another network that gives you better service. Just remember to get your phone unlocked first.
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous !

That must be really frustrating for you, the lines were down in my area a few months ago for about a week but they fixed this and I haven't had a problem since so I struggle to understand what could be going wrong. Does it only happen within the area you're all in or is it everywhere? A friend of mine paid less money for her next few bill as she was unable to use the services she was paying for so you could give that ago, it may help you feel a little better about the situation.

Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 149339 Posts
  • 678 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
It's fine to mention other networks in the context of a conversation but direct advertising is not allowed.
Many of us are on other networks too for various reasons.
Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I deleted it just incase!
Message 20 of 26