cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor HSPA+ speed on Samsung Galaxy S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Not sure if this is worth putting on here, so any advice is appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Pay Monthly phone, and over the last few weeks the Internet has virtually become unusable. I work in a building 3 stories high and towers over everything else in the town. The phones signal is full and showing H+. On average at the moment I am getting between 100kbps and 800kbps. I have even tried going into the centre of town near the mast and trying it with little to no improvement.

I have tried another networks sim in my phone and it reached normal H+ speeds so I know it's unlikely to be the phone. I have also spoken to a few other people experiencing a similar issue in the area.

Is this likely to be a contention issue or a problem with the mast. Is it worth ringing customer support, are they likely to do anything or just fob me off.

Any advice is appreciated.

Michael.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23039 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

It could possibly be a problem with your sim. Have you taken the sim out and cleaned it? If you have access to an O2 store you could call in and they can give you a new sim and swap your number over to it right there.

Only other thing I can think of is have you checked to see if there is a problem in your area? You can check here: http://status.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
  • 23039 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

It could possibly be a problem with your sim. Have you taken the sim out and cleaned it? If you have access to an O2 store you could call in and they can give you a new sim and swap your number over to it right there.

Only other thing I can think of is have you checked to see if there is a problem in your area? You can check here: http://status.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for that. I will pop into a shop and try that. Although I would be inclined to think it isn't an SIM card issue as I knew a couple of other people with simliar issues. However, its worth a try.

Thanks

Michael.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, new SIM card put in and it has made zero difference. I've been speaking to lots of other people on O2 and all are having the same issue, download speeds of between 10kbps and 400kbps, however the upload speed can be upto 1.5mbps.

This to me indicates that there is a fault at the Cell site whether that be with the mast  the BTS or the UTMS transmitter. Or it could be that the equipment just isn't up to doing any more, although that seems unlikley since the upload isn't that bad.

O2 seemed unwilling to even contemplate that there was an issue with any of their equipment.

Is there a specific way of reporting a fault with a cell site? Or do you just call support?

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
  • 23039 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Have you used the link in my previous post to check if there is a fault in your area? If no fault is showing, you can call Customer Services on 202 if you're Pay Monthly, or 4445 if you're Pay and Go and report your problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes thanks, I used the link and there are no faults reported. I will call O2 and see where we can go from here.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7

Bambino
  • 23039 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted. Please come back to the forum and let us know if your problem has been resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7