Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor 4g

jg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
For 4 years I have suffered 4g to Wi-fi problems. I have spent £400 on external antennas an the best I can get 4g to Wi-fi routers. I get a good 4g signal but very low Wi-fi speeds 1.3 mbs up and 0.83 up. The area is a holiday location so when quiet ( raining or out of season ) I get 4gbs. When busy I can not even make Calls over Wi-fi. There is very poor 2g signal. Can o2 increase the available data on a mast? ( bandwidth?) of so how do I get them to do this? Many calls to o2 technical but they say on problems found. I am paying £30 pcm for very poor Wi-fi. Tried to speak to technical this morning but got cut off 3 times and never called back. Any advice please. Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just had a text saying they tried to call me back strange no missed calls or texts!
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jg 

Just keep on reporting it to customer service and you can also do it through the MyNetwork app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
@jg

The problem might not be the mast but what is know as the backhaul which is the connection from the Mast to the Internet and Core network.

In some places and especially those either in deepest darkest rural areas and those at the coast the speeds of this backhaul cant sustain lots of users, and no matter what you do, unless councils allow them to put more masts up, or dig up roads to lay fibre cables then it wont change.
MicroWave Backhaul might help as well with this site.

5G and technologies such as OpenRAN will help this and some of the new LPWAN technologies from Nokia and Ericsson may help as well.

What 4G Router are you using? It might also be worth having a look at the ispreview.co.uk forums., as they discuss these things with regards to other networks and might be able to suggest some things to you.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4