cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please take my money! O2 site rejects my cards!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the past three days I've been trying to buy the Oneplus 3T on pay as you go through the O2 website. Everytime I get to the point where I put in my card details and click to proceed it says "sorry your card payment did not go through". I've tried three cards on three browsers (all on PC) and on my phone throught it's browser. I've called my various bank/card providers and they have said that they can see the transaction go through the system, they accept it and pass it back to O2 only for O2 to reject it. I've tried calling O2 to make the payment over the phone and they are using the same system so it rejects the payment again. I've spent ages on the live chat which is no help at all. I've even had my wife try from her work. I've tried mastercard, visa, credit and debit cards. All no good. Unfortunately if I go into my local shop they won't let me buy it without a £15 top up (that I don't want or need).

Any ides anyone?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

And there was me thinking there was going to be a mothership over every country....:smileysad:

Message 21 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sure will be tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

thommo32
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been trying to buy the ipad pro 2020 on pay monthly through the O2 website. Everytime I get to the point where I put in my card details and click to proceed it says "sorry your card payment did not go through".

I've tried three cards on three browsers (all on PC) and on my phone throught it's browser.

I've called my various bank/card providers and I also work in the bank,that I do my banking and they have said that they can see the transaction go through the system, they accept it and pass it back to O2 only for O2 to reject it.

I've tried calling O2 to make the payment over the phone and they are using the same system so it rejects the payment again.
I've even had my wife try from her work. I've tried mastercard, visa, credit and debit cards. All no good.

I guess O2 dont want the business, not to worry, taken my business to sky.

No doubt it will be Capita systems 🙄
Message 23 of 24

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Multiple attempts with multiple cards will just throw up a red flag now

It may be better to go instore to see if that is successful?

Message 24 of 24