Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Please help: Cannot connect to 3G with PAY&GO!

Hello!
I have a new samsung galaxy europa (running Android) with the basic o2 £10 PAY&GO package that gives me 500MB internet and 300 texts.
This is the problem: Prior to this package I was unsing the same phone with a "3" simcard that gave me unlimited broadbrand and was great. I mostly used it for youtube and data streaming and was mostly connected to a 3G network with no real bother.
HOWEVER
Now that I have this simcard my phone is connecting to a EDGE or H networks and I am yet to see it connect to 3G, which means youtube videos wont load. I have seen on other forums that this is a common problems users who DO NOT have an iphone are experiencing and was wondering if;
A). There is any way to force my phone to connect to 3G, or
B). Are there any other plans/bolt-ons/pay&go packages that will just allow me to access 3G?!
Any respone would be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance.
Anonymous

Re: Please help: Cannot connect to 3G with PAY&GO!

Is there even any 3G signal on o2 where you are? I don't get 3G (or rarely) at home, but always o at work where the signal is strong.
Access to 3G depends only on the availability of the signal and the compatibility of the phone, its nothing to do with your tariff.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

I thought some phones display H for 3G check the manual
You do have the correct apn set?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

The Europa uses H for 3G
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for your replies guys. The signal in the the area is fine as i was getting in prior to sim change. I wish h stood for 3g but it couldnt as its flicked up for a couple of seconds then reverted to h, and besides when I have 3 sim it clearly said 3g. im stumped. its asif any time i try and watch a vid or upload a pic the connection craps out.
Anonymous

Oh yeah sorry have right settings too

Was it a 3 branded handset? Reports on here are it is hard to get it to work
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Nope from phones4u

Ok re reading you say 3G on 3 but that has no bearing on o2 3G being where you are check the coverage checker for your postcode here http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker
Apple Watch series 4

Anonymous

Yes, just because your old network had 3G coverage in your location, it doesn't mean o2 will, they are totally separate.