cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please answer asap pay off but not upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm not getting on at all with my new phone but too much time has passed now to return it so I have taken out a new contract again with o2 with a phone I know I get on with ... How can I pay off my older contract (without upgrade) a link if poss ...and how do I get puk code or do I not need it as same network ? Thanks
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All you need to do is pay off your old device and cancel the airtime for free.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
You don't need a PAC to keep your number, just call customer service on 202 and ask them to transfer your number to the new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All you need to do is pay off your old device and cancel the airtime for free.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
You don't need a PAC to keep your number, just call customer service on 202 and ask them to transfer your number to the new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you 😁
Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Refresh help here too
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
Personally, I'd call customer service to pay off your device plan, then ask them to transfer your number, which will automatically close the account the number is coming from.
You should only be charged for one month of airtime for this, so check and make sure as sometimes the system can screw up and charge you the whole contract amount, which is wrong.
Hopefully it will all go OK for you though slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that sounds full proof ta... I'll call them tomorrow thank you so much
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome and welcome to the forum too slight_smile
Please let us know how it goes for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll be back tomorrow to update you and cheers the speed of replies spot on ta 😁
Message 7 of 21

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome to our forum @Anonymous! smiling Awesome to see you already got helpful info from MI5 above (thanks @MI5!). Let us know how it goes when you have any news. slight_smile

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi people.... am now here on my new phone with all paid off and sim swapped over ... only problem I have is lines flashing on screen of new phone... what could this be .. it's not constant but alot .. it's like it's having an old tv having tube issue about to blow ..😣
Many thanks for your welcoming message and all help that was given .. it was spot on and all happend effortlessly take am a happy bunny apart from concern with screen ..
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It shouldn't be doing that so unfortunately you will have to take it back.
The good news is that they will replace it on the spot for you so you can walk out the store with a new fully working one.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21