Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 Pro with Samsung Watch 4

Robert_101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I've recently called 02 customer service numerous times about this issue. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and recently got the Samsung Watch 4, however I can't seem to get my eSim to work. I have it connected to the mobile plan via Wearable app although anytime my phone isn't connected via Bluetooth I can't seem to make calls or receive notifications. Is the Pixel definitely compatible with the Watch4? Tia

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Robert_101 

Yes it will work but you won't get the health features as they are only compatible with Samsung phones.

The Pixel 6 does need to be on and connected to 4g at all times though, regardless of it being with you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Robert_101
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm unsure then what the problem is, must be an issue with the eSim. It's connected to my mobile plan however doesn't work although I went into an O2 shop and a worker said the Pixel phone isn't compatible with the Watch. I can use it via Bluetooth with my phone but as far as using the watch without my phone won't work as it isn't Samsung 

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Robert_101 

Some info in this guide to check Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Robert_101
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I read the guide it seems to be aimed at Samsung phones. Not other android devices. 

Message 5 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Robert_101 

Have you spoken to Samsung Support, as I have connected non Samsung phones to Samsung Watches in the past, and as @MI5 says the only things you dont get is the health stuff.. 

I think there are some settings in the wearables app that need to be set, this thread from earlier this year might help.. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-4-quot-Emergency-Calls-Only-quot-Fi...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 11

Robert_101
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes i spoke to Samsung support they said it seems like a mobile carrier issue or a compatibility issue. Went through them steps countless times pixel doesn't seem to have the call and text on other devices settings. Really stuck with trying to sort it.

Message 7 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

From looking at the Pixel Community, it seems to be a problem seen across multiple networks and the watch 4... 

And a lot of people have given up and returned it .

Message 8 of 11

Robert_101
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Appreciate all the help think it's time to give up myself ans return it.

Message 9 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

if you can wait for the Pixel Watch  slight_smile is my only solution...

Message 10 of 11