cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture message fee?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot seem to find this anywhere! I am on a tarrif which allows me to send 10 free picture messages a month but before I play around with this, I'm wondering if it costs someone on o2 pay as you go or pay monthly to receive them? I ask as with virgin when ever someone used to send me messages it would costs me like 50p for me to receive them!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87372 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5309 Solutions
There is no cost to receive picture messages on either monthly or P&G.
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Virgin charge to receive them? Never heard that before. 😮
Message 3 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Not when I was with Virgin 3 years ago.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
They did with me on virgin, I was with them for 5 years.
After having a good play about, I notice that phones seem to require access to the internet to send and receive picture messages, so I'm guessing why I got charged on virgin was because some kind of internet access was needs to retrieve the picture. My new phone on 02 I notice automatically turns the 3g on to receive picture messages.
Based on this, I'm guessing those on pay as you go and pay monthly without any data plans for internet usage will get charge to access the internet in order to retrieve the picture message.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, no-one gets charged. Picture messages are transmitted over the Internet, it's how they work globally, but they use a dedicated mms apn that is zero charged, in the same way anyone can see their O2 bill online without charge because of it's zero rate apn (you click the link in your bill text to get this free)
Message 6 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Your phone must have been set up incorrectly for that to happen.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any my b/fs, and my b/fs mum and other people. They did used to give the option of view the picture message on-line without being charged by accessing it my computer, just charged you by phone.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any my b/fs, and my b/fs mum and other people. They did used to give the option of view the picture message on-line without being charged by accessing it my computer, just charged you by phone.

That sounds more like a charge for going on-lin than a charge for receiving a mms slight_smile
Message 9 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
:robotindifferent: :robotindifferent:

Message 10 of 13