Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Sim/eSim with the same number

ftlist81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been searching around about this as have a smartwatch that can use 4G/LTE but the only answers regarding it are over a year old so was wondering it is possible now.

I would like to know if you can make your existing physical an eSim but be able to simultaneously use both the physical and esim together i.e. one for the watch (esim) and one for the phone (physical sim).

I also saw that in some european countries o2 would provide two sim cards for one number, but it wasn't currently supported in the UK. This was over a couple of years old though so again, if I could get two physical sims, could I transfer one into an esim and use the other in a phone?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@ftlist81 

It is possible with O2 but only for some smartwatches.

Samsung watch 3 and active 2 and Apple watch only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@ftlist81 

It is possible with O2 but only for some smartwatches.

Samsung watch 3 and active 2 and Apple watch only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

ftlist81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info, I am getting a ticwatch pro 4g which it stated was compatible with o2 so I have no clue if it'll work or not, more likely not I think.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Not in the way you want @ftlist81 

It will connect via Blutooth / WiFi but not through eSim.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4