Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones 4U stop selling O2 Phones

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Phones 4U have ceased offering O2 contracts, upgrades or PAYG phones. Phones 4U state this is due to a "recent startegic re-evaluation of its network relations"

Maybe they, like many of us, don't like the way O2 is currently doing business

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/28044/o2_and_phones_4u_ceases_trading_relationship.aspx

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Old news 

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/24097/O2_puts_Phones_4u_contracts_on_hold.aspx

Phones4U are not the lily white company you may think they are.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news though the more the merrier lets see O2 suffer for their greed slight_smile
Message 3 of 55

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Did I say they were. Phones4u shops serve one purpose and one purpose only: to try and stay in them for as long as possible without being approached by a sales assistant. Generally anything above 10 seconds is a very good score

Message 4 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for posting Dave I didn't know about it
Message 5 of 55

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

And all I'm saying is that it's been going on for some time. Third party sellers don't have any scruples any more than the network stores. Not P4U, not CPW, none of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope they all put out from O2
Message 7 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since they could only do sim only then I'm not suprised their sales for O2 have dropped, they will have more than likely been getting more commision from other networks so wont be promoting them. I'm only suprised it's taken this long.
Message 8 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethorp wrote:

Did I say they were. Phones4u shops serve one purpose and one purpose only: to try and stay in them for as long as possible without being approached by a sales assistant. Generally anything above 10 seconds is a very good score

Funnily enough they lost out on an upgrade contract from me when I got my Z10! I stood for a good 5 minutes trying to get someone to serve me and no-one approached until I was walking out...at which point I told them I'd keep my business with O2 direct.

Kinda wished I had just walked down to the Vodafone or EE shops at times mind you... wink

Message 9 of 55

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I must admit haven't been a fan of Phones 4 U for years. 

When I go to the store and wait until I finally get the attention of a sales assistant, I tell them the exact phone that I want, or ask for their opinion on the best phone for the features that I need and they do their best to find something completely different for me that doesn't even have the features that I want.  Asking for a Blackberry and being given a Samsung and told that it is better, then reading about it and realising that it does nothing that you asked for (well apart from texting which all phones do), it is a little frustrating.

I know all stores have targets and they do their best to up sales, but surely it is important to give the customer what they ask for?

I wonder what O2 will do when all third party stores decide to stop selling O2 products....

Message 10 of 55